martedì 21 febbraio 2017

SGUARDO FETISH - Da "Playboy" e il burlesque a "TWD". La scalata a colpi di frangetta della scozzese Pollyanna McIntosh, la "Queen of Trash" Jadis

Intervista e foto tratte da "Playboy"
You started out as a model. Are you done with that?
Don’t get me wrong, if someone offered me a lot of money, this work is not always stable, so I’d take it. This is going to sound arrogant, but I kind of ended my career by doing the Pirelli calendar and 16 pages of Vogue. As a woman who is more curvy than most models, I felt really good leaving it there. I felt like, All right, go out with the bang. I didn’t feel right on the catwalk. The serious model face nowadays doesn’t suit me. There are certain artistic things you can do in that business that are really fun and creative, but going down the catwalk looking like everyone smells of shit is not something I need to do again.

Is it true you were considered a plus-size model?
Oh, yeah. I had the measurements of Cindy Crawford and I was considered plus-size. It just ebbs and flows. At the time I was studying at university and I was thinking, How am I going to pay the rest of my tuition? I ended up going to a modeling agency to do commercial work and they said, “Oh, you’d be great for plus size.” I went, “What?” Then I discovered this whole other side of the business where you made all this money and did a lot of catalogue work and traveling. I didn’t have to worry about what I was eating, which was great. I put on a little weight during that time, so I was bigger than I am now, but it really is ridiculous. The whole thing’s silly. I love fashion and aesthetics and celebrating clothes, but they can’t decide what’s plus size. We have to decide what we’re comfortable with individually. As a society, we’re so beleaguered by this idea of perfection, and it changes all the time. In the time of Cindy Crawford, I would’ve been a regular-size model, as it were, but when Kate Moss came in, that changed.
You’ve also got a background in burlesque. What was that experience like?
I was married [to Melrose Place actor Grant Show] and I needed to go out there and feel my sexuality for myself. I happened to bump into a woman at a bar who was teaching burlesque. I said, “This is exactly up my alley.” So I became Whisky Jane, spelled the Scottish way, not the American way. And I had the best time. Just as I got on to the stage I went, “What the fuck am I doing? How can I get out of this?” It was comedic but very sexy. It was everything I needed it to be. I celebrated my body, my sexuality, and I got to be a performer in a way I really needed to be at that point. And I did it a few more times and had fun with it. It was just delicious.

Nessun commento:

"Il trivial game + divertente dell'anno" (Lucca Comics)

"Il trivial game + divertente dell'anno" (Lucca Comics)
Il GIOCO DEI TELEFILM di Leopoldo Damerini e Fabrizio Margaria, nei migliori negozi di giocattoli: un viaggio lungo 750 domande divise per epoche e difficoltà. Sfida i tuoi amici/parenti/partner/amanti e diventa Telefilm Master. Disegni originali by Silver. Regolamento di Luca Borsa. E' un gioco Ghenos Games. http://www.facebook.com/GiocoDeiTelefilm. https://twitter.com/GiocoTelefilm

Lick it or Leave it!

Lick it or Leave it!